Thursday, February 12, 2015

Review: Etude House Juicycocktail Gradation Nails


Hey everyone! I think I'm going to set a goal to blog at least once or twice a week so here's a review for the Etude House Juicycoctail Gradation Nails kit.

I've gotten back into painting my own nails again recently (after months of just cutting them and leaving them bare). Last week I posted my haul from Etude House and with Valentine's Day coming up I figured it would be a good time to paint my nails a more fun and spring inspired color without sticking to the usual pinks and reds.



The kit comes with 3 colors, and each bottle is labelled with a number (1, 2, 3) to indicate which order you apply the polish. 





I'm no professional nail artist, and I'm also not the cleanest at applying my nail polish (I had problems coloring in the lines as a kid, let alone keeping my nail polish off of the rest of my fingers.) But this kit was super quick and easy to use.


I used the Sephora Formula X Base Coat under the nail polish to help it stay on my nails longer, I also put some white flower nail stickers I bought off of eBay and topped it off with the Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Rating



Price: $6.00 USD




At $6 for 3 polishes I think that's a great deal, however the nail polish bottles are smaller than your standard size at 4mL or 0.14fl oz. per bottle. I do think that's more than enough for a few uses though.

Ease of Use:




Super easy! I wish all my other nail polishes came in kits for gradation, because you don't have to worry about what colors to blend together. The base coat takes some getting used to, for me personally, but if you prefer your nail polish more translucent this will be even easier!

Long Lasting:




I did use a base and top coat, but I've had the polish on my nails for about a week now and other than some lifting near my cuticles it hasn't chipped at all. Although I've been extra careful about letting my nails snag onto anything in case... as I've had other nail polish completely lift off of my nails within 3 days even with base and top coat.

Color Pay-Off:




The base coat is just too sheer for my liking without really building it up (it took me 3-4 coats to get an opaque color), I was hoping for a color more like in the bottle but the other 2 colors are really nice and blend well together.

Overall:




I really liked this nail polish and will probably purchase the other kits if I order anything from Etude House again anytime soon.

Rainbow Road
***Disclaimer: All products were purchased by me and all opinions posted are solely my own.

2 comments :

  1. Great review! I have this set as well. I hoped the colors would pop more, but they were very cute anyway :D
    Celestial Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! The packaging is what got to me XD They're really cute!

    ReplyDelete